- Home - Shanghai Exposition
- Shanghai Expo 2010 will be a successful and exceptional grand global event held in China after the 2008 Summer Olympics. The Expo lasts from May 1st to October 31st along Huangpu River in Shanghai, China. The Exposition will be the first registered World Expo in a developing country; which is hopefully to draw the world's attention to China's future development. The theme of the Expo 2010 Shanghai is "Better City, Better Life", which reflects the common human being’s wish for living in a better urban society. The Expo expects the largest number of official participants and visitors all around the world sharing urban concept at all aspects and learning how to maintain the sustainable development of human beings. Expo 2010 Shanghai will centre on innovation and interaction on the idea of a better future and offer great opportunities for multi-culture dialogues and cooperation. The Expo will highlight the World Exposition history and leaving a rich spiritual legacy of urban development to people throughout the world.
- The theme of 2010 World Expo is "Better
City, Better Life", which represents the
wish of the whole world for a better life. Read >Read more
- The emblem, depicting the image of three people-you, me,him/her holding hands together, symbolizes the big family of mankind.Read>Read more
- Created from the Chinese character "人" which means people, the mascot embodies the character of Chinese culture and echoes.Read >Read more
- The site of the Shanghai World Expo
is on both sides of the Huangpu River,
in the districts of Pudong and Puxi
Read >Read more
Shanghai, China's largest and most prosperous city, located on China's central eastern coast at the mouth of Yangtze River, exudes an atmosphere of self-confidence and vitality to rival that of Manhattan in New York City, or the City in London. The city is administered as a municipality of the PRC with province-level status. Today, Shanghai is the largest center of commerce and finance in China, and has been described as the "showpiece" of the world's fastest-growing major economy.
The city is a tourist attraction renowned for its diversity of historical landmarks and modern ever-expanding skylines, and its new reputation as a cosmopolitan center of culture and design. The bund, Huangpu River and Temple of City Petron, etc. all accomplish the grandeur and sophistication of the city itself.
- Shanghai Expo 2010 Overview
- Shanghai Peripheral City Tours